We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel ideas for 1 night between Ridgeland and Hattiesburg

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel ideas for 1 night between Ridgeland and Hattiesburg

I need some help and am hoping some of you from MS will be able to give me some. We're thinking of staying overnight in MS on our way to Gulf Shores/OB in August. We need a hotel for a Saturday night. I'm looking at Ridgeland, MS or Hattiesburg, or somewhere between the 2.

My needs for one night only: a safe hotel location (do not want to stay in Jackson); clean hotel room; room with 2 double or queen beds; and it needs to be inexpensive--$65 or less. I do realize this is basic but we'll be coming in later in the evening and leaving the next morning to head to the beach. This will help us break up the trip and so I'm good with basic for one night.

I've read TA reviews on some of the Ridgeland hotels and husband has looked at Hattiesburg. If there is a place in between these 2 towns, that might work too. We need to at least get to Ridgeland that evening but not farther than Hattiesburg. Any ideas for me?? Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,436 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel ideas for 1 night between Ridgeland and Hattiesburg

If you can make it to Hattiesburg then it gets my vote. It has lots of hotels right on the interstate but no noise issues and there are a lot of restaurants including a Cracker Barrel, several chains and some local places too.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel ideas for 1 night between Ridgeland and Hattiesburg

There's a few hotels/motels along route 49 in Magee before you get to Hattiesburg. Looks like a nice town but I've never stayed there, maybe smaller town = lower price?

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel ideas for 1 night between Ridgeland and Hattiesburg

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been on the Internet tonight researching various hotels around Richland, Pearl, Magee, & Hattiesburg. I'm thinking we may go with Hattiesburg since I can find more reviews about our choices. Just makes me feel a little better.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel ideas for 1 night between Ridgeland and Hattiesburg

I agree with you - we've stayed in Hattiesburg several times, always felt safe, lots of options for hotels and restaurants.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,436 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel ideas for 1 night between Ridgeland and Hattiesburg

Good choice. We too have stayed in Hattiesburg as well as Gulfport several times- always safe and a variety of hotels and restaurants.

Flowood, MS
Level Contributor
181 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel ideas for 1 night between Ridgeland and Hattiesburg

I've stayed in five star hotels for $50 through price line on more than one occasion. I live just outside of Jackson in Flowood. We have some great and fairly' new hotels with direct access to hwy 49, which carries you directly into Hattiesburg. Our neighborhood is very safe and we have great walking trails and a nature park. It's only five minutes from the interstate 55, so really convenient. Maybe if you get on priceline.com and specify this area tou can get something really nice within ir below budget. Either way, hope you enjoy the trip.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel ideas for 1 night between Ridgeland and Hattiesburg

Kathy, thanks so much for this information!!

8. Re: Hotel ideas for 1 night between Ridgeland and Hattiesburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:20