We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins/resort within a few hour drive to St. Louis

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cabins/resort within a few hour drive to St. Louis

My husband and I are looking for a nice place to stay with our kids within a 3 hour drive from St. Louis. We are looking for a cabin or resort that has a kitchen, at least 1 bedroom, and a nice pool. Our 2 yr old daughter loves to be outside, so a place with nearby hiking trails, beach or river, or playground is ideal. Thanks.

Buffalo, Missouri
Level Contributor
91 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabins/resort within a few hour drive to St. Louis

I'd recommend checking out Steelville MO. It's just an 1 1/2 from St. Louis. Lots to do there outdoors and plenty of resorts with cabins. When we go, we stay at the Wildwood Springs Lodge:

http://www.wildwoodspringslodge.com/

It's like stepping back in time and if you like good music go during one of the concerts---fantastic.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabins/resort within a few hour drive to St. Louis

Steelville is a good choice. There may be a few places that can help you out. Bass River Resort might work.

midwestgirlatheart
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabins/resort within a few hour drive to St. Louis

I'm not sure which way you are going from St. louis- but the Lake of the Ozarks has a nice state park with swimming. There are several places to stay if you do a search online. I lived in Columbia for awhile and there is a nice park with trails called Rock Bridge. The downtown has some good places to eat and shop.

St. Louis
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabins/resort within a few hour drive to St. Louis

If you are going to Bass Rivier resort during the week you will be fine. It really seems that weekends during the summer is binge drinking for all the folks. Lots of loud music and drunk people. I witnessed a quite a bit of this just this weekend....

5. Re: Cabins/resort within a few hour drive to St. Louis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 09:24