We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving time

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Driving time

We will be traveling through MO. in a few weeks. We were wondering what is the (about) drive time once outside of St. Louis (west side) to St. Joseph MO.? Which is the best route/interstate to take through Kansas City? Thanks!

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving time

I'd follow the yahoo maps instructions (I-70 to 435N to I-29N)

I live just south of KC and it normally takes about 3hours and 15 minutes to get to St. Louis and 50 - 55 minutes to get to St. Joesephs. Providing traffic on 70 hwy is moving. I would think it would be a little less then 4 1/2hrs.

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=39.195875&lon=-92.52233&zoom=8&q1=st%20louis%20mo&q2=st%20josesph%20mo

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving time

Great! Thanks! one more question do you know where The Bass Pro Shops are located at in Columbia MO? Is it located close to I-70? I know there are a couple of other Bass Pro Shops along I-70 but can't remember the towns, does anyone know?

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving time

The Bass Pro Shop in Columbia is located north of I 70.

There is a Bass Pro Shop in Kansas City, Or maybe it's Independence) located right along Interstate 70. Would be between Blue Springs and Kauffman Stadium (hope that gives you an idea of where it is....not sure if the actual address is Kansas City or Independence. Another Bass Pro is located west of Kansas City on the Kansas side of the state line. Also, there is a really huge Cabela's store on I 70 west of downtown Kansas City. Out by the racetrack.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving time

Thanks! I will try to find the addresses on the website.

5. Re: Driving time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 06:18