We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

now im kinda scared

york, Pa.
2 posts
Save Topic
now im kinda scared

my family and i are moving to pevely mo in about a month from Pa. the previous forums bout people not being very friendly is kinda scaring me. I dont wanna be miserable for the next 20 or 30 yrs...lol. is there any hope? kelly

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: now im kinda scared

IMHO. . . . I totally disagree. I have lived in several cities, both small and large, in Missouri and have found that Missouians are extremely friendly. (This is espcially true in the southern part of the state).

I truely believe in the saying "what goes around, comes around." If you are a friendly, outgoing and generous person, I believe that is what you will find in the persons around you.

While I have never been to Peverly, I see that its just South of St. Louis and right on the Mississippi river. Looks like a nice location to live.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Show Me State. =)

york, Pa.
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: now im kinda scared

thnx greg:) i appreciate the encouragement....if everybody is like you i just may survive...now if i can just survive the trip with 3 teens in the car. :) kelly

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: now im kinda scared

LOL, I would certainly be more concerned about a cross country trip in a car with 3 teens than all the "mean" people in Missouri! :)

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: now im kinda scared

My brother was recently transfer to Missouri and is bringing his familly this weekend. His new position is a district manager for the whole state. I do not know if he has been to Pevely yet but he says that the people from Missouri are as nice of a group of people as he has ever met. I think that what someones else said is probably true. If you go in treating the people well they will be friendly. If you go in with a huge chip on your shoulder well no one wants to be around that and you will be avoided. From what I have always heard and confirmed by my brother's experience I would say you should have nothing to worry about. I can not immagine that one city would be so totally opposite of the rest of the state.