We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katy Trail in late May

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
5 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Katy Trail in late May

My husband, 20 year old daughter and I are planning a late May 2-3 day bicycle trip on the Katy trail, then continuing to Kansas for a family graduation celebration. Any suggestions on short to medium trips on the trail? Special places to lunch and spend the night?

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Katy Trail in late May

Check into the stretch from Rocheport to Boonville or from Defiance to Augusta to Marthasville. You might want to post on the St. Louis or KC forum to get more response.

st. louis, missouri
Level Contributor
472 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Katy Trail in late May

Sounds like fun. A site you might want to check out is http://www.bikekatytrail.com/planaride.asp

which lists some of the services along the trail, including shuttle services, or places to stay. Hope this helps. Saint Charles to Defiance is a nice ride, partially along the river, and I agree Rocheport would be interesting. Maybe you can see all the wind turbines there (I do not know for sure). Anyway, good luck.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Katy Trail in late May

Rocheport to Booneville, yes.

The start of the KATY at Clinton to Sedalia,a bit dull.

The contrasts of flat farmland to rocky riverside trail riding is clear.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Katy Trail in late May

Actually, I think the route from Rocheport east (not toward Booneville) is the most beautiful. Starting with a short bit on the west of town, you have the only tunnel on the trail, then you go east along the spectacular stretch with the bluffs on your left and the Missouri River on your right. This is where the cave that Lewis & Clark visited is.The feeder trail up to Columbia is also nice.

After this stretch, I think the most interesting is around Herman and east where there are more wineries.

5. Re: Katy Trail in late May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 05:18