We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hate country music - What to do around Branson?

Covina, California
3 posts
Save Topic
Hate country music - What to do around Branson?

I've heard about some great scenery in the Ozarks and I"m planning a trip around there in June. My RCI offerings are mostly in Branson, Farmington, Osage Beach, Lake Ozark. I plan to rent a car for the week. So what's to do out there and where would you suggest I locate? Sight seeing, water sports, history, are my main interests.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hate country music - What to do around Branson?

All of the shows in Branson are not country. Non country shows -- Paul Revere and the Raiders, Liverpool Legends, the Haygoods, the Comets, SIX, the Cat's Pajamas, Hooray for Hollywood, Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers (but I don't think he's in town in June).

In regards to history, the Ralph Foster Museum at the College of the Ozarks, the Shepherd of the Hills Homestead and Outdoor Drama, the Titanic museum, the Vietnam Veterans museum, the Toy museum.

Table Rock Lake is known for water sports -- sailing, fishing, jet-skiing, parasailing, diving. Nice walking/biking path between the COE visitor center and the state park. The Henning Nature Area west of Branson is great for hiking. You can trout fish on Lake Taneycomo. There are a variety of cruises on Table Rock and Taneycomo.

If you like theme parks, Silver Dollar City is a great mix of shows and rides and has Marvel Cave, too.

It's an easy and scenic drive from Branson to Eureka Springs AR.

Hope those are some things you might enjoy.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hate country music - What to do around Branson?

Try out Branson Landing in the evening...great shopping, restaurants, bars, and live entertainment on the weekends. They also have the dancing fountains there which are made by the same people that did the Bellagio fountains in Las Vegas.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hate country music - What to do around Branson?

If you do go to Bransion, get down to Eureka Springs, about an hour and a half SW. Most of the town is a historic district.

Farmington is near the Ste Genevieve wine country. Lots of sweet, crappy wines, but a few decent ones, BEAUTIFUL countryside - it's fun. Also, Ste Genevieve itself is the oldest European settlement west of the Mississippi with some significant historical structures. Just west of Farmington is the Arcadia Valley area, where you can visit Johnson's Shutins, Elephant Rocks, Hughes Mountain and Caledonia, a quaint little town. All these spots are worth a visit and within 1/2 hour of each other. Farmington is about 2 hrs from St. Louis.

PM me if you want more info or hit the STL forum.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hate country music - What to do around Branson?

The Tenors and Shake, Rattle, and Roll and also good shows. There are 50s, 60s, and a Broadway music show even so more than just country music (I don't care for it either but still find plenty of entertainment that I do enjoy)

5. Re: Hate country music - What to do around Branson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 12:17