We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montana July 4, 2018

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Montana July 4, 2018

Hi,

I will be driving from Banff on July 4. I am looking for somewhere to stay for 2 nights (July 4 and 5). Our next stop will be West Yellowstone on July 6.

Any recommendations on where to stay for two nights for July 4 and 5 would be great. Would love to be able to partake in some July 4 celebrations.

4 replies to this topic
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
10,856 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montana July 4, 2018

I see you have posts on Wyoming and on Utah. You seem to be doing a road trip, possibly with very little time at your stops? 2 nights is only one day for Glacier. You can also post on the road trip forum as you will be covering Canada and at least a few states in the US. If you could share your entire trip, it helps give advice for your personal time and needs on the trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montana July 4, 2018

Thank you for your suggestion about the road trip forum. I thought this forum may have had some knowledgeable suggestions on a stop in Montana. We are doing a road trip. We are happy with put chosen itinerary and the amount of time we are staying at particular places.

We are staying 3 nights at most stops. Just looking for advice on a place to stop between Banff and West Yellowstone that might offer some July 4 celebrations and a few things to see or do.

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Montana July 4, 2018

How far do you want to drive on July 4th after you leave Banff? Most 4th of July celebrations will be out not be an option due to the amount of driving time it will take to get there since you're leaving on the 4th. It is about 300 miles from Banff to Kalispell, Montana. If you want a smaller town setting, Whitefish is a little before Kalispell. The town of Polson on the southern end of Flathead Lake also has a fireworks display (52 more miles south of Kalispell). It is a little over 400 miles from Banff to Missoula, Montana.

In a google search of Montana 4th of July Celebrations these sites came up that will give you an idea of options in western Montana (some include celebrations in other areas of Montana).

flatheadbeacon.com/2017/…

onlyinyourstate.com/montana/…

kpax.com/story/35803163/western-montana-cele…

Deb

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montana July 4, 2018

Thank you! We have just booked some accommodation in Whitefish. It looks like an amazing little town. Thank you for the advice

Reply to: Montana July 4, 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted