We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Resort

Florida
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Great Resort

Is there a great resort in Montana where one can just plunk down and enjoy for a week or two?

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Resort

Ramblin Man,

There are many great resorts in Montana. Montana is the fourth largest state in the Union, so it will help if you are a bit more specific in your inquiry as to what part of Montana you are interested in.

Also, the term "resort" means different things to different people. Here in Montana, you can go to a place called a "resort" that is a simple hunting or fishing cabin, quite rustic, with no real services. Or you can find a resort that is a high-end affair at extremely high prices.

You are definitely on the right track about plunking down....

Florida
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Resort

Looking for a place possibly on a river or lake with full services, golf, horses, fishing not necessary. Maybe near a town for some shopping, mountain scenery, Etc. Price not that much of a concern.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Resort

Here in the Flathead Valley near Glacier National Park, check out the Lodge at Whitefish Lake, or The Flathead Lake Lodge. Both are run by the Averil family.

The Lodge at Whitefish Lake near the town of Whitefish, is brand new and elegant.

The Flathead Lake Lodge, near Bigfork, has been going since the 1950's and is well-known as a family resort, it's more homey, but it has also hosted dignitaries over the years.

Lots to enjoy in both Whitefish or Bigfork.

Enjoy!

Florida
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Resort

Thanks for the suggestion. but one place looks too touristy and the other is all about horses, something my wife won't do.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Resort

I think I misinterpreted your request: "...with full services, golf, horses, fishing not necessary." I read that to mean you wanted full services, golf and horses, but not fishing.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Resort

Maybe look in the Big Sky, Bozeman or West Yellowstone areas. That way you can visit Yellowstone and Teton if you want to.

Sorry can't be of more help.

7. Re: Great Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 20:18