We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery stores near Red Lodge

illinois
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Grocery stores near Red Lodge

I was hoping that someone could tell me of reasonably priced grocery stores near Red Lodge. We're staying there for a couple of days in July with our five kids, before heading into the park. I want to do as much home cooking as possible (and cart in as much to the park as possible) and have had little luck with trying yellowpages.com. At convenience store/restaurant prices just food alone could cost us hundreds a day and I'm trying to contain things a little.

Mentioned in this post
Red Lodge
Red Lodge
Montana
North Carolina
Level Contributor
687 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery stores near Red Lodge

There isn't a whole lot to choose from because it is a small population area. Try Beartooth IGA in Red Lodge, located at 201 North Oakes Avenue. Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Red Lodge
Red Lodge
Montana
illinois
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery stores near Red Lodge

Thanks!

Montana
Level Contributor
107 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery stores near Red Lodge

My response isn't about grocery stores, but I read your post saying you were traveling from Red Lodge to Yellowstone. Be aware that Beartooth Pass south of Red Lodge heading toward Yellowstone on Hwy 212 is closed due to a landslide. The road won't open until late this year, if at all. You will have to travel east out of Red Lodge on Hwy 308 to Belfry, MT and then south to Cody, WY or west on HWY 296 to Cooke City, MT and then into Yellowstone.

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Red Lodge
Red Lodge
Montana
Beartooth Pass
Beartooth Pass
206 Reviews
Montana
Cody
Cody
Wyoming
illinois
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery stores near Red Lodge

Yah, I heard about it. Thanks for your advice. Which way would you go? We're staying in the Canyon cabins when we get to the park, and I was told that you also can't take the road from Tower to Canyon.