We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been--need help!

New York
9 posts
Save Topic
Never been--need help!

I've never been to Montana before, but I have this feeling that it's the type of place that I'll love. Can anyone suggest where I should start--just to get a nice feel for Montana? I'm sure I'll have to come back, but I just want some nice intro activites. Which specific part of Montana should I go to for starters? I'll have about a week at my disposal.

Thanks!

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been--need help!

big state, my bias is the Flathead Valley and Glazcier National Park. Activities depend on the time of year, when might you come??

florida
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been--need help!

My family just spent six weeks traveling through Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and Washington...with most of it done in Montana. With that being said I totally agree with above that Montana is a very big state...and don't underestimate travel times.

You could do a million different things...really.

Give an idea of time and what you are interested in...hiking, spas, rafting, wildlife, horseback rides, views, towns, rodeos,

hanging out on a ranch, sleeping in a tipi, ghost towns, traveling to more than one spot...

it really is endless...but with that being said two of my favorite spots were Bigfork and Glacier....and we saw a lot!

If you pick what you are interested in you really can't go wrong....happy planning!

3. Re: Never been--need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 12:27