We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking in Libby and driving to Peachland, BC

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking in Libby and driving to Peachland, BC

On the way to Alaska in July we're planning to make a few stops in MT and one of them would be Libby. I want to see parts of the state less visited. My husband and I are hikers but because of some issues we'll be focusing this time on shorter (2-3 miles) hikes. Often I also hike farther by myself when he waits on a trail or turns back to a trailhead. I'm thinking about staying around or in Libby for 2-3 days. We love quiet trails with fantastic views but also hiking in the woods would be great. Is hiking in that area among blooming beargrass and other summer wildflowers possible?

Suggestions for lodging under $150.00?

After Libby our next destination is Peachland, BC. I would like to go through Bonners Ferry, ID. According to google maps I have two options. What would be the most scenic route? Should we make an overnight stop somewhere in between? Our trip is not a marathon drive. We like to stop often for views, geological formations, have a picnic lunch, maybe visit a local museum, take a short hike, photograph wildflowers, buy local fruits.

I would appreciate your suggestions. Because Bonners Ferry is in ID I think I should post my question in ID forum as well. Thanks

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking in Libby and driving to Peachland, BC

We stayed at the Sandman Motel in Libby last year and were very pleased with the service and room. Considering there's not a lot of choices in Libby, one cannot be too picky, but they were so nice at the Sandman that I can truly recommend it. I don't believe you could pay $150 for a motel room anywhere in Libby, so that will be helpful to you.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking in Libby and driving to Peachland, BC

Thank you RiverDays. I checked lodging in Libby and they are very limited so Sandman Motel is just fine. Thanks

3. Re: Hiking in Libby and driving to Peachland, BC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 07:24