We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do near Bozeman for 2 days.

Brooklyn, NY
3 posts
Save Topic
Things to do near Bozeman for 2 days.

Hi, I'm flying into Bozeman the first week of April en route to visit a friend in Billings. I'm thinking of spending a day in Bozeman on either end. Are there scenic, easy to moderate hiking trails nearby or parks anyone would recommend? Or must-see sites? Is it possible to do a trail ride nearby at this time of year? Inexpensive lodging? Interesting places to eat? Thanks for any recommendations.

USA
Level Contributor
588 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do near Bozeman for 2 days.

It's still winter in Bozeman, so all the trails will be snow covered, except, perhaps, those trails right in town. GVLT maintains a bunch of trails in and around town http://www.gvlt.org/trails/trail-maps. The hospital is on a hill to the southeast of Bozeman, so the trails behind it will give you a panoramic view of town, and the mountains surrounding the Gallatin Valley. I doubt there are any trail rides running this early, but you can always call. I'd check the Tripadvisor reviews for lodging and eats. If you want really inexpensive lodging, there is a hostel downtown. There are good places to eat all over the valley, but Bozeman has a very active downtown (Main Street between 5th and Rouse, and it's sidestreets), so if you are looking for a lot of activity or even good people watching, that's the place to go. And being a university town, there are plenty of inexpensive places to eat.

Brooklyn, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do near Bozeman for 2 days.

Thanks very much. Will check out the trail site. Looking forward to seeing the town, too.

3. Re: Things to do near Bozeman for 2 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 03:16