We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raod trip to MT from WA

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Raod trip to MT from WA

We are driving to Montana on the way to Minneapolis. On the way we want to either visit Glacier National Park or Yellowstone. Which one will actually fall on our way to MN.....we have just 1 day to spend.

Thanks for all your kind advise in advance!!

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Raod trip to MT from WA

What date? You will be on Interstate 90 until you reach Billings, MT where you will get on Interstate 94. Both parks will be a ways from the interstate with Glacier being the farthest detour.

Deb

Edited: 13 April 2011, 00:28
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Raod trip to MT from WA

We are driving through in July and also looking for lodging too.

Thanks so much.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Raod trip to MT from WA

It is a little late to find lodging in Glacier and inside Yellowstone, but you can try. Call Xanterra. That might affect your decision.

Most people go from Billings up to North Dakota to get to Minneapolis, but you can also go through the Black Hills on I-90.

Helena, Montana
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Raod trip to MT from WA

My choice would be take I-90 to Missoula.. then go north to Kalispell - go to Glacier Park- take a day to hike around -drive the Going to the Sun-highway- then Take U.S. 2 all the way to Minnesota.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Raod trip to MT from WA

Thanks guys.....I was also wondering what would be shortest distance from Missoula MT to Minneapolis MN!! We probably will escape YNP and GNP. Due to gas prices going up everyday I am thinking of the shortest route.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Raod trip to MT from WA

I have lived in both locations and do the drive frequently.My recommendation and the route I usually take is I-90 east out of Missoula and pick up I-94 in Billings. I-94 will take you all the way to Minneapolis.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Raod trip to MT from WA

The Holiday Inn in Missoula is a good place for the night. Scoty's Table and Montana Club are good places to dine there. Good luck.

Holiday Inn @ 200 South Pattee Street, Missoula, MT 406 - 721 - 8550.

holidayinn.com/hotels/…hoteldetail

Scotty's Table @ 131 South Higgins Ave., Missoula, MT 406 - 549 - 2790. http://scottystable.net/

The Montana Club @ 4561 North Reserve St., Missoula, MT 406 - 541 - 8141.

http://www.montanaclub.com/

8. Re: Raod trip to MT from WA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 10:23