We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
transport

Hi

I will have to make my way from Montana up to edmonton, Canada. How do I best and cheapest make my way up there?

USA
Level Contributor
619 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport

Your cheapest may be by bus (Greyhound.com). A rental car would be more convenient, but I'm not sure what the U.S. rental companies' rules are for crossing into Canada.

Edited: 02 June 2011, 01:27
montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport

US rental car companies generally do not allow you to drop a car in Canada, and if they do, it would cost major bucks.

There is some limited bus service, but it all depends on where you are leaving from in MT, which is a very large state.

Also, the Forum DE Camping Girl has answered this question in the past, for getting from the Glacier National Park area (western MT) up to the Banff area. You could check her Forum posts. There is a bus or shuttle service that is not Greyhound but is much smaller.

Let us know the area that you'll be leaving from, and perhaps someone will be able to give advice.

3. Re: transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 12:17