We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edgewater Inn review?

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
95 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Edgewater Inn review?

Our family of 4 will likely be in Malta overnight in mid-August. My kids love to play in the pool, and my research for places to stay with a pool has turned up only Edgewater Inn and RV Park. We'd likely NOT camp and instead stay in their inn. Is anyone familiar with it? I'd love to know more about it.

Thanks.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edgewater Inn review?

Have you called about reservations? Another poster said the highline is booked up because of the oil boom. Malta may not be close enough to be affected, but I don't think there are a lot of places up there.

Just because it looks like a big town on a map like you're used to doesn't mean it is. In Montana, some of those towns on the map are just a store! Not Malta, which is a decent midsize city for the state at about two thousand people.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
95 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edgewater Inn review?

No, I haven't called yet about reservations on the highline. I'm planning to, once I figure out where to stay. Thanks for the heads up about the oil boom.

Helena, Montana
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Edgewater Inn review?

Stay in Glasgow at the Cottonwood Inn. That is a nice hotel with pool. Decent restaurant too.

There is also the Great Northern in Havre.. anything inbetween Havre and Glasgow.. well.. dicey.

Helena, Montana
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Edgewater Inn review?

Glasgow is a little farther west of the Oil fields .. If you're anywhere near Sidney.. you probably won't get a room. All for oil field workers.

I recommend Glasgow as a stop over.. . then just keep driving west til you get to Glacier Park!

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
95 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edgewater Inn review?

Actually, we're coming from Great Falls into Havre to see a couple of sights there but I'm not sure we'll overnight there, then Harlem/Fort Belknap for a tour of the buffalo reserve and likely on to Malta for the Great Plains Dinosaur Museum. From there we're on to Hardin via Billings for the Crow Fair. We're not planning on going as far east as Glasgow. I was thinking we'd overnight in Malta before the long drive to Hardin.

Another poster recommended the Maltana Motel, but the pool at Edgewater is appealing (for our children).

6. Re: Edgewater Inn review?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 06:15