We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patricia Blume Properties

Illinois
Level Contributor
265 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Patricia Blume Properties

We are renting a home from Patricia Blume Properties out of Livingston. The home (River Bend House) is near Emigrant, MT. Anyone familiar with the rental company or the home on the yellowstone river?

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patricia Blume Properties

I'm familiar-ish with Emigrant, but not the house or agent. Are you using it as a base for Yellowstone? It's a little far for that.

Illinois
Level Contributor
265 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patricia Blume Properties

Yes that will be our base for 7 nights with a couple days of venturing into Yellowstone. I understand it will be about 30 minutes to the north entrance and have already moved to this location to accomodate. We were going to stay just west of Livingston. This is a compromise for our group and one that I think we will all be happy with. We are hoping to visit Chico, the rodeo in Gardiner, the town of Livingston and possibly a longer drive to Virginia City, MT with a loop around to W. Yellowstone and back up through Gardiner. All plans subject to change and we will be taking it one day at a time while there.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patricia Blume Properties

Your Virginia City day will be very long. I think too long. The idea of coming back through the park looks good on a map but isn't good in reality.

You have to plan on construction delays and animal jams on the park. Plus, why go that way if you don't stop to see things like Old Faithful and Norris Geyser basin? Above all, don't get caught in the park after dark, trying to hurry home. There are no streetlights, and there are 4,500 buffalo.

Salem, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patricia Blume Properties

Was wondering if you have taken your trip yet as we are planning a trip and renting River bend from Patricia and was looking for a reference. Thanks

Illinois
Level Contributor
265 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patricia Blume Properties

Yes we had a wonderful trip. Patricia Blume and River Bend House could not have been better. It is right on the river and absolutely beautiful! It's about 30 minutes from yellowstone park. Many advised against the longer drive to/from the park but it was never an issue. We always made sure to leave the park with plenty of time before sunset. There are LOTS of animals near the north entrance. I would not hesitate to stay at this location again. As an added bonus, it is very close to Chico Hot Springs and we loved that place also. Don't hestitate to send me any questions. I just realized the rest of my trip report never posted. Such a bummer because it was long and a lot info. ugh

Salem, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patricia Blume Properties

Thanks so much for your response. We have been to the area before but only for a few days at a time. This time we are staying in one place for two weeks. We actually went to Chico on a trip 20 years ago. Looking forward to going back.

LA
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Patricia Blume Properties

So glad your trip went well. I am thinking of renting a place from Patricia Blume Properties. This place is nearer to Livingston. Plan to go to Yellowstone and Chico Hot Springs.

8. Re: Patricia Blume Properties

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 07:17