We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

Lancashire
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

I have learnt hard way all about ESTA VISAS

I lost my holiday in April to Vegas whereby my partner had ring side seats for may weather fight!

My partner was arrested years ago and conflict with his ex wife which resulted in arrest but no further action !! We clicked YES ON esta question have you been arrested whilst at the airport !! Visa refused and told we could not travel and have to apply for full us visa !!

Us embassy phoned them paid 160dollars told I had to get police certificates etc

Got this came back no trace etc

Spoke to esta again who told me you can travel on waiver just with an arrest !!! But the esta question refuses u when u click yes.. They advised u have to prove your not convicted and they will relook at application !!!! I gone Since got and sent police certificate to esta and ESTA NOW APPROVED !!

No need to travel to us embassy !!

So wasted 50£ on phone call to embassy them 160 dollars for us visa application to be hold we don't need up apply!!

CBP airport staff give out wrong information !!

Nobody else apply for visa with arrest !!!! Just get your police certificates and prove but do it well before youvtrave

Hope this helps someone not go through my disaster !!!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

Glad you managed to fix your problem !!!!!!! And thanks for passing on your experiences for the benefits of others !!!!!! And sorry that you had the unnecessary expense !!!!!

Talking seriously now, your terminology is a little confusing in places. There is no such thing as an "ESTA VISA". An ESTA and a visa are two totally different things - try to use accurate wording when dealing with important subjects such as this. And bear in mind that your own experiences won't automatically be relevant to everybody else with similar circumstances. And post Vegas related stuff on the Las Vegas forum where about a thousand times more people will see it than on this forum for all of Nevada which gets very little traffic.

Have a great trip !!!!!!!

!!!!!

Edited: 19 May 2012, 14:01
Lancashire
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

Sorry esta waiver

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

Who did you actually call about the problems with ESTA?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

CBP Via website - you cannot call them direct unfortunately, so took while to sort...but got there in the end....

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

Hi i have been arrerted but then released no court appearance no further action taken.Police certificate states NO TRACE so i have emailed CBP about the ESTA and offered that i can send a copy of my police certificate. I Know it was a few months ago but how long did it take them to get a reply off them?

Edited: 20 December 2012, 16:28
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

Hi i have been arrested but then released no court appearance no further action taken.Police certificate states NO TRACE so i have emailed CBP about the ESTA and offered that i can send a copy of my police certificate. I Know it was a few months ago but how long did it take them to get a reply off them?

Edited: 20 December 2012, 16:29
newcastle
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

I am currently experiencing this ordeal. Already paid for interview and it's scheduled and then found that link to email esta. I'm applying for police certificate now.

How long did it take them to review your application and get back to you once you sent them the copy of the certificate?

Desperately trying to decide whether to cancel interview.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

Once you have certificates only took few days after sending details to esta

Lancashire
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

I would cancel meeting you don't need it. Just prove you have nothing on the crb check, and everything is fine,

We were told when esta runs out in two years, answer No to the question regarding arrest,

newcastle
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Us visa ... U can travel on waiver with an arrest only

I was reprimanded (police caution) for my arrest as a 14 year old. Does this steal mean I would pass through on visa waiver?