We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you really need to stay on the stip?

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
544 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
Do you really need to stay on the stip?

I'm obsessed with the look of the Hard Rock hotel rooms, parties etc, they are totally us, but, obvs it's not on the strip. We don't mind walking/taxi .... What will we miss if we are not actually on the strip. Going to be in LV for a week so plenty of time to explore. What do you get by bing on it?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,559 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you really need to stay on the stip?

You should repost on the forum for Las Vegas. Few people get to the Nevada forum. A lot of folks would be bored at Hard Rock after a couple days imo. And perhaps tired of having to constabtly deal wih a shuttle or taxi everytime you want to come and go.

If it really interests you, since you have a week, maybe consider a stay or 2 nights or something.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,363 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you really need to stay on the stip?

Have you looked at Cosmo? It's similar to the HR but on the Strip.

I personally try and avoid the Strip, but having lived in Las Vegas for over 10 years I've spent plenty of time on The Strip. I like the HR and stay there several times a year.

What you get on the Strip is the ease and conveince of everything right in one spot. If you plan on spending a lot of time on the Strip I'd stay on the Strip.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you really need to stay on the stip?

In my opinion it all depends whether you're with a big group. If so, Hard Rock can be fun but if your group is smaller (3-4 people), I generally like staying somewhere on the Strip just to be closer to the action and within walking or shorter cab distance of most major clubs and restaurants. Just my personal preference.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
847 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you really need to stay on the stip?

If you stay on the strip youve got everything outside your door. Taxi queues can be looooong especially if trying to get a cab from somewhere like Bellagio to get back to your hotel late at night. At least if you stay centre strip you can walk if need be. Personaly i would get fed up with needing to get a cab everywhere.

5. Re: Do you really need to stay on the stip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:17