We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on Vegas trip...

Indianapolis...
5 posts
Save Topic
Need advice on Vegas trip...

Hello everyone!

I am long-time lurker, first-time poster.

My friends and I (4 guy’s total, all around 26 yrs. old.) are planning our first trip to Vegas in February of 2015. Our interests include; gambling, sightseeing, nightlife, maybe a show, good food, and any other suggestions for our demographic. Our desired budget for travel (flying from IN) & lodging would be around $700 per person, for 4-5 nights total.

I have taken the reins for planning the trip, although I am not an experienced traveler. Nonetheless, I have been trying to do my homework. I have some questions about the trip, and I am hoping someone out there can drop some travel wisdom on me. So, here we go…

1. We want to make it a long vacation, probably around 4-5 nights. Is that too long for first-timers?

2. We plan to go in late February of 2015. As I searched the forums, I did not see any major negatives about going to Vegas at that time, but is this a time that should be avoided? Suggestions?

3. As of right now, I like the Bellagio as our hotel (Dbl Queen Room). It appears to get mostly positive feedback from people. Would this be a good choice given the information I provided?

4. How far ahead should we book the Hotel? Should we call the hotel to book vs. booking online? I see 3-6 months mentioned on the forums.

I think I will stop at those questions for now. I do not want to make it a hassle for people to respond. If there is any more info I need to provide, then please let me know. And, as always, I thank you for your time.

-StizzTheBizz

Canada
Level Contributor
559 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on Vegas trip...

You should post this on the Las Vegas forum instead of the Nevada forum. You'll get a lot more responses that way.

4-5 nights is a good length for a first trip. If you see a refundable rate that you are happy with for a hotel you like then book it. As long as you book a refundable rate you can keep an eye on hotel prices and cancel and rebook later if you find a better deal. I have cancelled and rebooked up to 4 times for one trip before. Rates can fluctuate quite a bit so it pays to watch them even after you've booked.

Indianapolis...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on Vegas trip...

TravelDar_13,

Thanks for pointing that out, I did not notice. Also, thank you for the advice. I will be sure to keep that in mind.

Can someone from the staff please close this post? I will re-post under the correct forum.

Thanks!

3. Re: Need advice on Vegas trip...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:18