We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort on Ski train from Boston?

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Resort on Ski train from Boston?

i am now interested in the ski train option following good advice from all of you guys out there. Apart from the Wachusett Mountain are there any other reosrts close to Boston that can be reached on the ski train??

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort on Ski train from Boston?

Interesting. I never heard of this. But it seems there is a ski train to Mt Wachusett in central Mass, and also a ski train option from New York City to Killington. I could not find any others.

On the question about the bus to Lincoln, I checked with my friend who drives for Concord Trailways (actually his wife - he was out driving). They run regular service to Littleton, NH. I know that the bus stops at Lincoln, and I would bet that either Loon would run a courtesy shuttle to the mountain (it is not very far) or there would be some sort of local bus or cab. There is also a bus stop at the exit off I-93 that is near to Waterville Valley. You might want to contact them and see if they offer any kind of shuttle service.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,227 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort on Ski train from Boston?

taking a train to a small Massachusetts mountain is missing alot of really great skiing unless you absolutely can't or don't want to take a car. There are a number of nice mountains within a 3 1/2 hour ride of boston which would swallow Wachusett. I have not skiied there and I grew up outside Boston. Go to priceline.com and you can usually rent a really nice car for substantially less than the going rate. Do your research if you are going to try this. Even if you only have 1 day, it is 2 1/2 hours to Stratton, a little less to Mt Snow and 3 hours to Waterville Valley. All are easy day trips. Good luck

3. Re: Resort on Ski train from Boston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 00:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question