We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some info.

Boston
6 posts
Save Topic
Need some info.

My husband and I 37& 40 have been granted a 3 day weekend of babysitting for 3&2 year old sons..for the last weekend in Feb into March... We haven't been away alone in almost 4 yrs... HORRAY...We live just outside of Boston we do not ski but thought of going Snowmobliing but I'm at a loss....We would like to travel no further than 2 hours or so prefer to have a rentals place on or in walking distance from hotel/cabin/inn/b&b ideally would love a jucuzzi & fireplace in room ... restraunts and nightlife that we could poss. walk or snowmobile too any suggestion would be greatly appreciated we have had success with gaining quailty info on the trip advisor in the past hopefully someone can help us again THANKS!!!

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some info.

I don't know about jacuzzis and fireplaces in the rooms, but the Mt Washington Hotel is an awesome place to stay. They also own Bretton woods resort so you may be able to find snowmobile rentals there as well.

If you do go to the Mt Washingotn be sure to ask for a room with the new beds. They are in the process of replacing the old beds (in stages)and about half the rooms have new comfy pillowtops.

There is also a neat B&B in Littleton, NH called the Rabbitt Hill Inn. This is a really romantic place.

Good luck and enjoy where ever you go!

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some info.

For a drive time of a couple of hours you might want to look into the southwest corner of NH, the Monadnock Region. There are some nice b and bs that have fireplaces in their rooms. If you are not skiers there will be plenty of other things to do, snowshoe,rentals at Summers Backcountry Sports, check the Colonial Theater in Keene for events, nice restaurants in Keene. There are plenty of places for quiet walks, antique shops, etc. Check www.nhlodging.org for places to stay and the Keene Chamber of Commerce web site. Sounds like you deserve a getaway, enjoy!

3. Re: Need some info.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 12:19