We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

Folks,

Looking ahead to the New Years weekend, can you recommend a nice B&B with a superb chef to help celebrate the holiday??

Thanks.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

Each b&b has its own distinct personality.

Here is a listing that includes reviews

bedandbreakfast.com/north-conway-new-hampshi…

Are you looking for one that provides dinner or just breakfast? Any particular type of superb food in mind?

There are some fancy places for dinner/brunch, etc outside of the b&b as well.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

Thanks neslaw1,

We are looking primarily for dinner.... Breakfast is of less importance. We are two mid aged couples that usually spend the evening at home with good food.

I'll check the website..

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

Take a look at this one:

innatpleasantlake.com

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

Spedprof-

Just for the record - A B&B can not serve meals beyond Breakfast on a B&B license. Unless, they overhaul the entire kitchen to commercial grade, which leads to a rest. food license., seating requirements and a whole host of other things.

Some bigger places throughout the state have done so, so just keep this in mind while shopping around.

I suggest places that I have eaten at and would return to.

Travel Well

Tazman

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,563 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

For an inn with superb dinners available you have to go to the 1785 Inn in Intervale on the edge of Northh Conway.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

A b and b can serve dinner to guests that are staying in the b and b. They cannot serve dinner to the general public without an upgraded food license. Is there a particular area of the state that you want to visit?

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

Spedprof-

I re-checked the NH Dept of Health and Human Services polices to ensure that I was not providing bad information.

I provided my findings to Newenglandweaver as well.

According to NH DHHS on-line information and the current policies I have in hand, a B&B (myself included) may not provide meals beyond breakfast (to guests only) as I stated previously.

Not attempting to come across as a know it all here, I think this is a mis-understanding of the rules. It would be easier to sell our place if that was allowed, not sure what the differance is between breakfast and diner from NH DHHS's perspective. I have asked this very same question of my NH DHHS food sanitation inspector in the past.

Qaulity food establsihments are never very far away, and your Inn Kepper should have eaten their and will recommend a good place to eat.

So plan your special trip and enjoy NH.

Travel Well

Tazman

CT
Level Contributor
93 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

What about the Franconia Inn (in Franconia). Close to activities. We stayed over Thanksgiving (not New Years, so I cannot attest to the festivities for New Years Eve). They have a variety of meal plans, including no meals, breakfast only, or breakfast and dinner. They have a web site, so give it a look. And try the lobster bisque - I thought I had died and gone to bisque heaven!

9. Re: Bed and Breakfast with excellent food??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about New Hampshire