We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for a trip to Storyland and Santa's Village

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
467 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for a trip to Storyland and Santa's Village

So my kids are 1 & 3 and we are camping up in a cabin at Crawford Notch Campground next week and want to take the kids to Santa's Village and Storyland.

We are traveling as light as possible so we will likely be eating out or getting takeout for most of the trip.

I've read the forums for tips on places to eat dinner (Red Parka/Red Fox etc ) (I am familiar with N. Conway. but not Glen/Jefferson/Bartlett)

We were wondering if there were any good deli's/country stores to grab sandwiches/picnic supplies to bring a lunch with us to the parks?

Also breakfast suggestions in the immediate area?

Any small stores or attractions that are just interesting and worth a stop? (Like Zebs in NC?)

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for a trip to Storyland and Santa's Village

About a quarter mile north of Storyland on route 16 is a store and deli called Kringles that serves good take out or eat in. A little further up the road is a ice cream place (name escapes me) across from the Exxon station.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for a trip to Storyland and Santa's Village

dav

Beat me to it. very good sandwiches and great breakfasts at Kringle's,

Wendell's is also very good for sandwiches but probably in wrong direction.

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for a trip to Storyland and Santa's Village

Neslaw where is Wendells?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for a trip to Storyland and Santa's Village

There is Glen Junction Restaurant in Glen, right at the intersection of Route 302 and 16 for breakfast. A railroad-themed restaurant, it is very popular with families. I think Kringles, as mentioned in the previous postings, is also open for breakfast.

At the same intersection, is Grant's Shop and Save, a small but very busy grocery store to pick up essentials.

In North Conway, Zeb's is cute, with a penny candy counter. Across the street is the Coway Scenic Railway, you can get an ice cream and watch the trains.

In Crawford Notch, we like to stop at the Willey Slide Historical Site and feed the ducks, or just sit and admire the view

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for a trip to Storyland and Santa's Village

carolyn, I believe Wendell's is in Franconia.

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips for a trip to Storyland and Santa's Village

I suppose that would be a tad bit out of the way, will keep it in mind for ski season though.

7. Re: Tips for a trip to Storyland and Santa's Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 09:17