We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foliage at September - is there any chance ?

israel
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Foliage at September - is there any chance ?

Hello,

I want to visit the adirondack, white mountains and Mabel montreol at the foliage. The problem is that my flight back home from new York is at 4/10/2012. I can't change the tickets. We arrive to new York mid- September. Do we still have a chance to see the foliage ?

Thanks a lot,

Zoee.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foliage at September - is there any chance ?

What is your itinerary? What areas are you visiting when? Where in NY are you flying from? Albany? Do you mean you want to see fall foliage? Is your itinerary still flexible at this point? In the beginning of October plan on being as far north in White Mountains as possible. You might see some colors.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foliage at September - is there any chance ?

We keep trip journals. We went over the Franconia Notch Sept 27, 1997. We could see some colors though jt was just starting. 2 or 3 days later we headed for Quebec City from PEI. Colors were much better. combination of further north and a few days later. .

We spent the last week in Sept in Lincoln this past fall. Colors were better. though still not at their best we were told. We went over the Franconia Notch Sept 29

Edited: 15 April 2012, 19:19
Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foliage at September - is there any chance ?

zoee,

Check out a recent Forum discussion titled "Travelling from Boston to see the Fall Foliage" on the New Hampshire Forum. This person had less time than you but was asking about foliage in mid September and later. The discussion will answer a lot of your questions, and may give you some ideas about itinerary. I am certain you will still have other questions, but this may help focus them a bit.

One thing to think about is that the better foliage during your time frame will be in northern most NH and VT, above the White Mountains. But by the end of your trip, they will starting to look pretty good, and maybe even peaking, in The White Mountains.

4. Re: Foliage at September - is there any chance ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about New Hampshire