We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopover between Meredith and Plymouth

Colwyn Bay, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stopover between Meredith and Plymouth

Can anyone advise on a stopover point? As part of our roadtrip we will be in North Conway, we will leave here and drive the Kancamagus Highway, from here up to Franconia Notch, Flume Gorge, then down to Meredith, a little time will be spent here. We think this will take most of the day. We will then drive to a stopover point, our destination the next day is Plimouth Plantation, but we think if we drive all the way the evening before the drive will be too long after our busy day, so we want a stopover betweeen Meredith and Plymouth to break up the journey. Any suggestions please.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopover between Meredith and Plymouth

Are you looking for your stopover place to hold something special for you, or just a nice, convenient location? COncord and Manchester NH would be easy and convenient after your day of driving around. PLenty of chain hotels, reasonable prices, I would think, and plenty of good dining options in both cities. That would leave you a couple hours or less driving the next day. Of course, if the next day is a weekday, you will need to take morning rush hour into consideration.

Other option would be to go a bit further down I-93 or Rte 3 (to Rte 128 and around to I-93 south of Boston). Towns might include Salem, NH, Lawrence or Andover in MA. ALong Rte 3 might be Chelmsford or Newton along Rte 128.

Colwyn Bay, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopover between Meredith and Plymouth

Thanks for the reply, we are looking for a nice, convenient location. I think it's looking likely to be Concord.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stopover between Meredith and Plymouth

In Concord, the Holiday Inn is located on Main Street in the center of downtown, walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. Many shops will be closed at night, but there are a lot of good restaurants, some nightlife, a good art house movie theater. It is a nice hotel, recently remodeled. Also, if you musty make your way out to the shopping strip, box stores and mall, the hotel is on the corner of Main Street and Bridge Street, which becomes Loudon Road as it crosses I-93, and goes out this strip.

There are other hotels, too, many of the chains, and most of them newer than the HI.

4. Re: Stopover between Meredith and Plymouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:17