We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in New Hampshire

highland, NY
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
One day in New Hampshire

I am going to Lowell MA which is almost on border of MA and NH. I had one extra day to spare and i can make a night halt in NH if required. Can someone suggest some scenic place eg mountains, water falls or lake which is around couple of hours drive from Lowell MA(i.e. close to southern border of NH) Thanks in advance.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in New Hampshire

The Lakes Region, the Monadnock Region, and the White Mountains are all within a couple of hours from Lowell (maybe two and a half hours for some parts of the White Mountains). Searching in this forum and/or with Google or another Internet search engine will turn up all sorts of information for you. All three regions have what you're looking for in abundance.

Edit: The Sunapee Region is another possibility.

Edited: 07 August 2012, 15:25
highland, NY
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in New Hampshire

Thanks for a quick reply. White Mountains are quite close as you mentioned. I found Cannon Aerial Tramway and Flume Gorge on almost 2 hr to 2 and half hour drive. If time permits there is the scenic rail road to do next day early and then head back :-)

Edited: 07 August 2012, 15:50
Belmont, New...
Level Contributor
53 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in New Hampshire

If you are interested in the Lakes Region, you might think about Meredith or Wolfeboro both quaint lakeside towns on opposite sides of Lake Winnipesaukee.

You could take an evening dinner cruise on the MV Mt. Washington on Lake Winnipesaukee and stay overnight at Church Landing, a very nice hotel on Meredith Bay or one of the many Inns in Wolfeboro. There are lots of good restaurants in each town.

The next day you could visit Castle in the Clouds or ride the chairlift to the top of the Gunstock mountain for beautiful views of the numerous islands on Lake Winnipesaukee before heading back. You will see why Mitt Romney, the Marriotts and other famous people all have their summer homes here and why Pres. Sarkozy from France vacationed here. These towns are about an hour and half from Lowell.

highland, NY
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in New Hampshire

Next time ..I plan to go to the places you mentioned. This time i went to Franconia Notch Cannon Tramway etc. It is very scenic. I bet the places you mentioned are great too and on my to visit list.

Thank you.

5. Re: One day in New Hampshire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 11:17