We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New England Road Trip

Allentown...
7 posts
Save Topic
New England Road Trip

We are leaving Oct 6th from Philadelphia and heading up the coast to Bar Harbor ME and then down thru New Hampshire, Vermont, Upstate New York returning home on Oct 14th. We have no definite stops but would like to see some sights along the coast (lobster dinner or festival) and fall foliage and possible stop at Mt Washington area.

Any help, tips, ideas would be greatly appreciated! This trip is for 2 adults.

Thanks!!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New England Road Trip

The fact that you have no definite stops planned makes me worry that you are going to have a difficult time finding accommodations. You're traveling right at the peak of foliage season for northern New England, and many places are booked well in advance.

Beyond that, your request is very broad, and short of proposing a whole itnerary, we can't do much other than point out some favorite places. So here are some of mine, in no particular order:

Boston, MA

Essex County, MA

Portsmouth, NH

Deer Isle/Stonington, ME

Lake Winnipesaukee, NH, and surrounding area

Kancamagus Highway, NH

Littleton, NH

Franconia Notch, NH

Monadnock Region, NH (Peterborough, Harrisville, Keene, Walpole, St. Gaudens home in Cornish)

Good luck, and have a good trip.

2. Re: New England Road Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 10:16