We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fall foliage trip from Boston this weekend

San Francisco...
8 posts
Save Topic
fall foliage trip from Boston this weekend

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to visit new england for a fall foliage trip for the first time. We have 2 full days (14th, 15th) to go around (flying in and out of Boston on 13/16 respectively).

The following is what I planned

1. 14th : Drive out early from Boston

2. Cover south NH (Peterborough, Keene)

3. Cover south Vermont (Bennington)

4. Stay the night at North Adams

5. 15th: Drive south to see the berkshires area

6. Mohawk trail

7. stay the night in Boston

8. 16th : Fly out from Boston

I read the fall season is early this year - will the above route still have good color? Other than the Mohawk trail, is there any other route in the above itinerary that should not be missed ? Is there any other town that we should go through other than the ones mentioned.

General comments on the above itinerary are also be welcome.

Thanks

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fall foliage trip from Boston this weekend

I think you should see lots of good color.

You should visit the NH towns of Hancock, Harrisville, and Walpole in addition to the ones you mention. I Walpole, splurge on some chocolate at L.A. Burdick. Best buy, in my opinion, is the 8-oz. (I think) bars.

Enjoy your trip.

2. Re: fall foliage trip from Boston this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 15:19