We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas of places to stay between Keene and Manchester

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ideas of places to stay between Keene and Manchester

We have one night to fill in our trip to NH and are looking for recommendations on places to stay in between Keene and Manchester. We are partial to Bed and Breakfasts, but are open to any place quaint and rustic!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas of places to stay between Keene and Manchester

Although I have never stayed there (just eaten dinner), I can say that the Hancock Inn is in a classic, beautiful setting. http://www.hancockinn.com/.

Peterborough is a great town with several B&Bs. One that I'm sure is very nice is Little River Bed & Breakfast. I'm confident of that because of the quality of the contributions on this forum from its proprietor, who is a regular poster.

Peterborough, NH
Level Contributor
553 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas of places to stay between Keene and Manchester

Thanks WP :) Peterborough would be right on your way (about 50 minutes from Manchester and 30 minutes from Keene) and offers a pedestrian friendly downtown with great independent and unique dining and shopping options!

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas of places to stay between Keene and Manchester

Ditto to both suggestions. There are other inns in the surrounding towns, but some of those are larger and emphasize their bucolic and recreational surroundings. With one day, being centered in a town like Hancock or Peterborough will be nice. Peterborough is one of the larger towns in the region and a great place to explore for at least part of your day. Lots else to do in the area, exploring on foot or by car, hiking, and much more.

As for the two suggestions, Little River is a small B&B with 3 or 4 guest rooms and a wonderful breakfast for the guests. Hancock Inn is a larger place, maybe a dozen or so guest rooms, still small. I too have enjoyed eating there over the years, but have not stayed there. Report from guests at both places is always lavished with praise.

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas of places to stay between Keene and Manchester

I too agree with the suggestions of Hancock and Peterborough but be aware that the town of Hancock is barely a town at all. General Store, Fiddleheads Cafe, Police Station and Post Office and that's pretty much it.

I think it's a nice place and I'm not saying the lack of stuff is bad but figured you'd want to know.

Peterborough is just a short drive though so you could stay there and drive to Peterborough if you want a town with a little more to keep you occupied.

Edited: 02 August 2013, 15:38
Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas of places to stay between Keene and Manchester

Ogie is right about Hancock. It is a small town. But the Inn is right in the center of this historic town. Cafe is very good, but I think breakfast is included at the Inn. There is a nice library in town. But a quick stroll and you are done. A quick drive to Peterborough for the day, and then on to Keene for more activity and variety.

6. Re: Ideas of places to stay between Keene and Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 06:20