We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go for the weekend in NH with 2 month old infant?

Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
where to go for the weekend in NH with 2 month old infant?

Hello,

I live in Nashua, NH and I have a weekend to spare with my 2 month old infant and 2 younger children (9 and 3). I'd like to go somewhere where I can enjoy as much as my children too.

So probably not hiking because of the infant and FYI, I hate bugs!!

I love beach but this time I'd like to try other places, I've never been north of Nashua.

If you could throw out some names of place to stay, that'd be great! I read some postings about staying at the farm/Inn where my children can run around and burn some energy~

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Nashua
Nashua
New Hampshire
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,244 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to go for the weekend in NH with 2 month old infant?

We have thrown out names of places to stay for some time. Suggest looking at visitnh.gov and going to any visitors center or hotel and grabbing the big glossy magazine. At those ages Santa's Village and Storyland areas are certainly options.

Mentioned in this post
Santa's Village
Santa's Village
992 Reviews
Jefferson, NH
Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to go for the weekend in NH with 2 month old infant?

The farm you are thinking of may be The Inn At East Hill in Troy, pretty much due west of Nashua about an hour and a half.

http://www.east-hill-farm.com/

It is an awesome place where your kids can have some great activity while you follow with your 2 month old in a sling, your arms, or whatever. They are very kid and family friendly with many activityies and as much time to just do family stuff as you like. Perfect place for a fe days or a week.

For a one day over and back activity, there is the Friendly Farm in Dublin. Great hands on petting farm. The kids love it.

Up north, some great places for the kids are Storyland - a Mother Goose themed amusement park. Low keyed, family friendly, not Disney glitzy. This is in Glen, just north of N. COnway. There is also Santa's Village and Six Gun City (is that the right name?). I forget which towns. Also small amusement parks.

Mentioned in this post
Troy
Troy
New Hampshire
Nashua
Nashua
New Hampshire
Santa's Village
Santa's Village
992 Reviews
Jefferson, NH
Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to go for the weekend in NH with 2 month old infant?

Since you are looking for a farm, I am just throwing this one. It is not north of Nashua but somewhere west of Nashua in Massachusetts. Trip Advisor named it one of the most Unique hotels - http://www.starlightllama.com/

Mentioned in this post
Nashua
Nashua
New Hampshire
Massachusetts
Massachusetts
United States
Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to go for the weekend in NH with 2 month old infant?

Cool place, RelaxByTravel. Thanks for the link. Sounds beautiful, relaxing, and surprisingly reasonable cost.

NH
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to go for the weekend in NH with 2 month old infant?

We traveled a lot with our daughter when she was small...mostly out of necessity rather than choice. There is one rule and one rule only IMO. "Must have swimming pool." (End of story.)

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to go for the weekend in NH with 2 month old infant?

Ditto on Pool. It worked with my kids too. Got us an extra hour or so in the car on a long trip.

7. Re: where to go for the weekend in NH with 2 month old infant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 06:18