We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

packing!

Solihull
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
packing!

Visiting NH as part of New England trip end of September early October, to include Maine, Boston and the Cape.

Any suggestions to the range of weather we may expect so I know what clothes to pack?

Southern New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: packing!

Sept can be a mixed bag but mostly on the positive side as end Sept to early Oct is my favorite time of the year. I wear shorts during day time into November. Days can hit 80 but also mid 30s. I would bring shorts, jeans, kakais, t-shirts, sweaters, etc. In other words a little bit of everything you own. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: packing!

SusCie I don't know where you're from, but just make sure you stay casual! Even really formal restaurants here in NH are nice/casual. No need for the high heels or glitzy outfits. I am from Boston and am just continually amazed at how casual even "dressy" places are here - it's a very laid back place, wardrobe wise (not politically that's for sure).

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: packing!

Oh, and I forgot to say the key here is layers - bring stuff you can easily layer on and off, I agree with the expert it's pretty unpredictable.

Seacoast NH
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: packing!

FloweredCow nailed it. Layers are the key. Remember that the weather differs greatly with elevation and proximity to the ocean. It can be much cooler in the mountains and coast than it is inland.