We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in Late Feb or early March

Atlanta, Georgia
6 posts
Save Topic
Skiing in Late Feb or early March

Possibly making our way up to New Hampshire late next month or early March. Looking for a nice Ski Resort/Mountain reasonably priced near Bedford, NH which is where we will be staying. Don't mind driving a little. We would like place with a lot of Trails for intermediate skiers. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

NH
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in Late Feb or early March

There are no "real" ski resorts near Bedford. If you want a few suggestions within 90 minutes (highway driving) I like Mt. Sunapee or Loon Mt. (maybe Waterville Valley). Those would likely be your closest resort mountains with great intermediate terrain. There are a couple of smaller mountains that are closer but, Sunapee or Loon would be my picks.

As for being "reasonably priced" I guess that is a matter of opinion. You can check out the websites and come to your own decisions. If you prefer something closer or different let us know! ..There are plenty of places to choose from.

Atlanta, Georgia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing in Late Feb or early March

Great.. Appreciate it. Those are actually the two we have narrowed it down too. Leaning more towards Sunapee. Would you know of a place outside of the mountains you could rent skis for less? I have done that before at other places.

NH
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing in Late Feb or early March

Off the top of my head I don't think that there are any ski rental shops that are close to Sunapee. (Maybe someone else who contributes from that area can chime in ..Little River or NextStop?) Having said that, perhaps some of the ski shops (sales) have rentals. "Ken Jones" in Manchester is not far from where you will be staying in Bedford. Also "S&W Sports" in Concord. S&W is literally 2 minutes (out of your way and) farther north on Rt 3A and just beyond the entrance to where you would pick up Rt 89 to head toward Sunapee.

As an FYI the last week of Feb. is a school vacation week and chances are will be busier than a non-vacation week.

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing in Late Feb or early March

Bob Skinner's Ski Shop is right near the Mount Sunapee Traffic Circle on Route 103 in Newbury: http://www.bobskinners.net -- don't know how their rental prices might compare to renting up at the mountain, although you could probably figure it out from the respective websites

Atlanta, Georgia
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiing in Late Feb or early March

Great! Thank you both for the info.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 18:53
Concord, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skiing in Late Feb or early March

Gunstock in Gilford has a good amount of intermediate terrain and has reasonable lift ticket prices. Pat's Peak will be closer and a bit cheaper, but is small with less intermediate offerings.

7. Re: Skiing in Late Feb or early March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 05:19