We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road suggestions

Norway
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Road suggestions

We are taking a New England road trip this summer, and would like some suggestions on which roads to drive. We have plenty of time, and prefer scenic roads to h´ways. I really want to see some covered bridges along the way, and don´t mind taking small detours.

This is our route:

Stephentown NY (near Albany), North Conway NH (want to stop in Woodstock on the way), Ogunquit, ME (we will do a day trip to Portland and Freeport from here), Boston MA, Cape Cod MA, Freeport RI.

Will post this in other forums as well.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road suggestions

In New Hampshire:

The Kancamagus Highway is a must.

Consider the route I described in this post: tripadvisor.com/…51338996.

Most back roads are scenic. But you should also be sure to go through Franconia Notch, Crawford Notch, and Pinkham Notch--none of these are traversed by back roads, but they're spectacular.

Farther north, Route 26 through Dixville Notch.

In the Monadnock Region (southwest corner of the state), Route 12 along the Connecticut River.

Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Crawford Notch
Crawford Notch
30 Reviews
New Hampshire
2. Re: Road suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:17