We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Getaway from NYC

New York
14 posts
Save Topic
Luxury Getaway from NYC

My wife and I are looking for some short getaways trips from NYC. We prefer something with 2-3-4 hours of driving, must be 5-star. Can be a resort, spa, inn, or just plain hotel.

We last tried the mayflower inn in washington, ct.

Please help us with suggestions!

Thank you.

Maine
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Getaway from NYC

Try The Woodstock Station Inn & Brewery. I have stayed there twice and I prefer it over any of the 4 star places I have been. In fact some of the places that have high rating are not all that nice in reality.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Getaway from NYC

Good morning Naples48,

A few days ago I think it was 'Westernmass"? Suggested Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA. Well I went online to see what it was about and read their history etc...I remember when I was in Las Vegas a few years ago we walked through the Venetian Resort and a Canyon Ranch Spa Club was there. I knew the name sounded familiar when Westernmass mentioned it here on TA. There's one in Tucson, Arizona and in 1989 the Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA in the Berkshires opened. It looks INCREDIBLE here! From New York it wouldn't be a bad drive, would it? I would think it would only be may be 3 hours, if that? Go to their site to see what you think, they have an 800 # as well 800 742-9000. May be you could give them a call or check online to see about their packages they offer to see what you think:

www.canyonranch.com

The Spa at Norwich Inn is rated #1 for Spas in Norwich on TA. It's located at 607 West Thames St. in Norwich, CT. It's supposed to be excellent here? I had heard about it from some friends that go here a couple of times a year.

There's always Foxwoods Resort and Mohegan Sun don't forget, for great get aways. I know that Foxwoods has a great Spa.

Good luck!

Southern New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Getaway from NYC

The only areas of NH that are within 4 hours drive of NYC is extreme southern or south western NH and there aren't really any 4-5 star resorts in the area. The 4-5 star resorts you request are on the seacoast 5-6 hours from NYC at:

Wentworth By The Sea in Newcastle.

http://www.wentworth.com/

There also a few up in the White Mountains at:

The White Mountain Hotel and Resort in Bretton Woods.

www.whitemountainhotel.com/

The Balsam's Resort in Dixville Notch.

www.thebalsams.com/

Mountain View in Whitefield.

www.mountainviewgrand.com/

These last three are all 3 hours north of the NH/MA line and therefore 7+/- hours from NYC.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Getaway from NYC

If you want a 5 star in the southwestern NH area, try the Grand View Inn in Jaffrey.

5. Re: Luxury Getaway from NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about New Hampshire