We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B+B to go to

RI
2 posts
Save Topic
B+B to go to

Anyone have any good ideas where to go for a romantic getaway? Looking for a B+B and hopefully in a nice town with some stuff to do.. and also must have a hot tub/jacuzzi for two.. thanks in advance. Also looking for just southern NH..

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B+B to go to

go to www.visitnh.com, the state tourism website. Check out lodging in B&Bs and Inns in the southern regions, including Seacoast, Monadnock, Merrimack Valley, and even Dartmouth-Lake Sunnapee and Lakes regions. There are many lovely B&Bs and Inns, but this search may help you locate a specific place that has the feel you want, as well as the ammenities - jacuzzi, etc. There are few places that will not be close enough to things to do and places to explore. But once you see a couple of places that iterest you, you may want to post again and ask what people know about those particular areas.

West Warwick, Rhode...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: B+B to go to

I know where to find thelisting of them.. I am mainly looking for personal experience.. I went to a BB in CT and it looked great on the internet, but it was a horrible experience there.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B+B to go to

Try www.nhlodging.org for a listing of Monadnock region B nd Bs, the area is only a couple of hours from Boston and there are plenty of preholiday activities, from cutting your own Christmas tree, artisan shopping, concerts, a cookie tour the second weekend of Dec, lovely covered bridges, tree lighting ceremony the first Fri of Dec. Downtown Keene is very pretty with lights and town tree at the head of the square with several very good restaurants. Nearby Granite Gorge just opened with a snow tubing slope that is a lot of fun.

Southern New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B+B to go to

You might want to take a look at The Hancock Inn:

http://www.hancockinn.com/

It's right in the middle of Hancock, NH, a picturebook village just north of Peterboro. I believe it's as close to what you want with the exception of possibly the Jacuzzi.

From there it's an easy drive to Keene and even Concord.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B+B to go to

Blacktiedj,

Just a thought but...

I know you are just looking for just southern NH., I have to tell you that it's not a bad drive from southern NH to get to York, ME., it's not even 20 minutes from southern NH's seacoast, if that. I know this should probably be in the Maine post BUT I remembered you said you wanted a hot tub/jacuzzi for two and , I found a place and it's open year round, I think it's just what you're thinking of may be? They have a really really fun pub I DO know that and great great food in their dining room, so if you had bad weather you wouldn't mind being here one bit!

Just go to their site to see what I mean about it. Read the reviews here on TA as well don't forget. I think it's a really good deal myself. It's this older Victorian hotel located right on the ocean, they have a lot of rooms with ocean views. The thing they don't have though is a pool, but you can live without it, don't you think for a few days? They DO have Jacuzzi suites though that would make up for them not having a pool! It's the Union Bluff Hotel...

www.unionbluff.com

It's located at 8 Beach St. in York Beach, ME.

The reviews are all very good on it too. There's a lot to do up through here, even in the off season, because you'd be able to either just stay here if it's bad weather OR take off and drive up the coast, go antiqueing, or head to Kittery, ME to shop in the outlets etc...

Hopefully you get this post in time! When you first posted this, I never bothered answering it because I had NO idea where there would be a B&B or an Inn with jacuzzi suites in southern NH until I heard about this place in York, ME and heard how nice it was to stay here for couples in the off season. I guess they have rooms big enough for families too and in the warmer months it's neat for them for "York's Wild Kingdom" as it's right down the street for them, as well as the Funorama and Bowling etc....

Have a great time wherever you end up!

6. Re: B+B to go to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 08:18