Please help! We are a late 20’s couple seeking advice on a long weekend beach vacation.
(1) We’re coming from DC and are willing to go anywhere along Virginia coast up to Jersey since they are all about a 3-4 hour drive.
(2) We’d prefer the Ocean over the Bay because we’d like waves.
(3) We’d like a beach that isn’t too crowded. We don’t want beach chairs lined side by side and no room for recreation like Frisbee or kite flying.
(4) That said, we’d like place where we could go to dinner and then out for the evening. We’re worried about trying to avoid a ‘noisy’ beach and ending up somewhere advertised as quiet tipping towards retirement. Nightlife doesn’t have to be on a large scale of Atlantic City (as non-gamblers we actually didn’t like AC) but we’d like some nightlife options.
(5) Here’s the hard one: We’d love to go somewhere where we can stay in a small beach cottage/cabin/bungalow. Ideally we’d love something small and oceanfront. It can be a rent by owner or part of a complex, but we’d prefer standalone, as he is home on a very short stint from overseas, a bit of space and privacy would be nice.
We’d love to finally get some help from real people and not all these internet sites that always say their town’s beach is best for us without knowing our needs. Any beaches you could recommend that fit those qualities and any specific places you can recommend for #5 would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!