We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to Stay in Meadowlands area

Cantonment, Florida
Level Contributor
304 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place to Stay in Meadowlands area

I would like to know if someone could suggest a nice place to stay (no more than 200-250 per night) that would put us in walking distance to catch transportation into Manhattan. Are there trains or subways you can take into Manhattan? I just noticed the cost was considerably less to stay in the Meadowlands area vs Manhattan. How long does it usually take to get from the Meadowlands into Manhattan? Thanks for the help!

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place to Stay in Meadowlands area

www.broadwayfocus.com/nj_nyc/

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place to Stay in Meadowlands area

by taxi it depends on traffic

by bus/train it'll take an hour

you can also try ot get a cab from hotel to seacucus junction

Cantonment, Florida
Level Contributor
304 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place to Stay in Meadowlands area

Thanks Dave.....would you recommend Meadowlands or is there a place closer to stay in New Jersey. I just can't believe how much cheaper it is to stay in Jersey!

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place to Stay in Meadowlands area

there are lotsa previous posts on the matter

Ideas are Jersey City, hoboken, Newark Airport

Email broadway

5. Re: Best Place to Stay in Meadowlands area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 14:30