We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

Bristol
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

Hey folks,

I'm looking at flying into JFK but need to get to or near Sicklerville NJ (it's a long story!!) If at all possible I would like to do it as direct as possible. I tried checking out the Greyhound Bus website but it's not particularly as I do not know the area very well at all.

If somebody could help me out I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

A

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

I am assuming you mean by public transportation, because the easiest way is to rent a car and drive it.

The only public transportation to Sicklerville itself is #400 NJ Transit bus from center of Philadelphia. However, it is a local bus and it takes about 1h40m.

The most direct route is to take a taxi from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan (cost = $60). Then take the Greyhound bus to Mount Laurel, NJ. Once in Mount Laurel, you are going to have to arrange for a taxi to take you the rest of the way which will most likely end up costing you as much as the Greyhound bus.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

I have to ask is there any way you can fly into Phillly, Newark even. Your options are as follows, 1. Lirr to manhattan, subway to NY bus terminal, greyhound to Philly, NJ Transit 551 to Silcklerville. Option 2. LIRR to manhattan NJ Transit train to trenton, river line to Camden, 551 from Camden. Option #3. LIRR to Manhattan, NJ Transit 319 to Atlantic City, 551 from AC to Siclerville. Option #4. RENT A CAR.

www.lirr.org

www.njtransit.com

www.greyhound.com

www.visitnj.org

Bristol
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

Thanks folks.

In an ideal world I would be flying into Philly but for various reasons (which are far too boring and long winded to go into) it looks like it has to be jfk. I think I'll have to hire a car. Am I right in thinking it will probably take about 3 hours and I'll hit traffic no matter what time of day I try to cross the bridge?

Bristol
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

Thanks folks.

In an ideal world I would be flying into Philly but for various reasons (which are far too boring and long winded to go into) it looks like it has to be jfk. I think I'll have to hire a car. Am I right in thinking it will probably take about 3 hours and I'll hit traffic no matter what time of day I try to cross the bridge?

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

Though I don't know what it would cost, you could hire a car service (vs hiring a rental car) if you don't need to drive yourself around once here. Try http://www.dial7.com/ or http://www.carmellimo.com/ -- though I have no personal experience with either, they are both frequently recomended on the NYC forum

Bristol
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

Thanks for the car limo details, unfortunately that works out a very expensive way to do it as I will need to get back to manhatten later in the week to meet friends. I think I will probably have to hire a car and drive.

Bristol
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

Ok, so now I'm looking at flying into philly, staying there for a few days and driving somewhere towards New York and getting a train into Manhattan or driving to jfk and meeting my g/f at the airport as I will be tying it in with meeting her flight at the airport.

So my next question is... how long would it take to drive from Sicklerville area to jfk? Google maps says 2 hours but I don't believe that, I would expect it to be longer.

Thanks

A

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

I'd allow 4. Traffic in New jersey is verry un predictable. I have flown from Philly plenty of times.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
352 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

Hi,

I know Sicklerville. My mother's family lived there. At any rate, if you rent a car from JFK, you need to get on the Jersey Turnpike and take it to exit 4 and then follow route 73 towards Atlantic City until to see a sign spur 536 Tansboro, Williamstown. Follow this into Sicklerville. From JFk you need to go over the Veranzano Bridge and go west on 287 to the Turnpike South to exit 4. If you don't want to drive, you can get yourself into the city and take an Amtrax train to Philly which brings you into 30th street station in Philly, then take a bus off Market street to Sicklerville. Sorry I forgot which number. I grew up in Williamstown, so I do know the area.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
352 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JFK airport to Sicklerville NJ

Hi again,

If you do fly into Philly you will need to come over the Walt Whitman Bridge into New Jersey and you can pick up the Atlantic City Expressway and get off the exit for Sicklerville. If you are going to do Philly to JFk think at least 4 hours driving time. New Jersey traffic, construction and the area around JFK can be traffic parking lots a lot of times.