We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Mahwah, NJ

Raleigh, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Mahwah, NJ

Hi, can someone please help me. I am visiting NJ on Dec 29. I am coming into (NWK) on Amtrak at 7:30ish pm and need to get to Mahwah, where I am staying at the Hampton Inn. I have looked at Taxis and car rentals and they both seem very expensive. I guess the most important thing is how I need to get to my hotel at 7:30pm. Is there a train that runs in between or maybe one even closer to Mahwah than NWK? Also I will be visiting NYC - would the subway be best for me to go from Mahwah to NYC? Is there a subway station in or close to Mahwah? I am looking for the best and affordable way to travel. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Mahwah, NJ

There is no direct train service from Newark to Mawah. My advice for you would be to get off at Penn Station look for a New jersey transit train that says New york SEC on the depature board. Get a train to Secaucus and change there for another train to either Mahwah or Ramsey Rt. 17. I beleve that the hotel is closer to Rt. 17 than Mawah. There is no subway in Mahwah. You are stuck with New Jersey Transit trains. There is no direct train sevice to NYC from Mahwah, you will have to change in Secaucus as well. There is also plenty to see in New Jersey as well. Here are a few links

www.njtranisit.com

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28951-i77-k296347…

www.visitnj.org

www.goironbound.com

www.njskylands.com

www.redbank.com

www.visitsouthjersey.com

www.stayinthemeadowlands.com

www.wildwoodsnj.com

www.myjerseyshore.Com

www.destinationjerseycity.com

www.destinationtrenton.com

www.myartmymillville.com

www.newbrunswickrocks.com

www.njsouthernshore.com

www.lambertville.org

www.atlanticcitynj.com

www.goelizabethnj.com

www.mullicahill.com

www.asburyboardwalk.com

www.mainstreetmountholly.com

www.newbrunswick.com

www.ocnj.us

Raleigh, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Mahwah, NJ

Thank you so much for your help and time. I will use the links you provided and will be touring New Jersey as well. I was also hoping that maybe I could catch a transit or train to Atlantic City for a day or two. This helps so much as I am not fimiliar with the area or how the transit works. I will be in NJ for a week so I am trying to see and do it all with the time I have in the most economical way. I really appreciate your help.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Mahwah, NJ

The Shortline bus company travels right along Route 17 through Mahwah and Ramsey. I know they have a few stops convenient to the hotels right on Route 17; not sure if they are near your hotel. The busses run pretty frequently, especially during rush hours for commuters. The bus will take you right into NYC.

http://www.coachusa.com/shortline/

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Mahwah, NJ

20 min walk from Ramsey 17

5. Re: Traveling to Mahwah, NJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 06:46