We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerseylicious

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jerseylicious

Just curious.....but do a lot of tourists go and visit the Gatsby Salon??

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerseylicious

Never heard of it.....

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,266 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerseylicious

I have never heard of it either. What town is it in?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerseylicious

It's on Route 22 in Green Brook, New Jersey.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerseylicious

I worked next to it for years and until recently had no idea it was on TV. No one is ever in there. It's in a stripmall with a bunch of other odd stores and a bonefish grill that we got to for happy hour sometimes.

new jersey
Level Contributor
929 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerseylicious

Please don't get the impression of NJ by these following shows: Jerseylicious; Jersey Shore; or the CakeBoss. Not all of NJ is like this.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jerseylicious

I would love to go to the Gatsby just to meet some of the women that work there! :)

So I was just wondering if more and more people/tourists are going there now because of the popularity of the show.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jerseylicious

NJ does not attract tourists. That salon is located on the border of an extremely affluent part of NJ (Warren/Behrnards/Berkley Heights). The people who actually live in here do not like those shows. If you mention them you'll get nothing but negative responses.

Please do not think that NJ is anything like the portrayal in the shows you see on TV. Those shows promote negative stereotypes that are no different than the media representation of people from the south as rednecks or hicks.

The reality is that this state is very diverse mix of people representing cultures from all over the world. We have a highly educated population and the highest per capita income in the country. The people you see on those TV shows are not representative of this state. I encourage you to visit NJ but please don't expect to find a bunch of snookies :)

Edited: 14 February 2011, 15:38
Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Jerseylicious

I just went to the Gatsby yesterday and met Olivia, Tracey, Christie, Gigi, Anthony and Doria. They were all wonderful and very nice to my 10 and 14 year old girls. They invited us in to the salon with them and let us get pictures. I don't care how they are portrayed on TV, they're ok in my book!! I will definately take another trip to see them. FYI..... they film on Sundays and Mondays so that's when you want to go. Good Luck!!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,266 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jerseylicious

So you decided to waste your day to goto a beauty salon. You are aware they have those in Glouster County and this post is from Feburary?

Edited: 24 May 2011, 18:49
Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jerseylicious

Wow, that's a little harsh, isn't it? Obviously, they didn't consider it a waste of a day. It's not like you to be so judgmental - lighten up!!