We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monthly Travel pass help

Edinburgh...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Monthly Travel pass help

Hey so I'm moving to New Jersey (browns mills) from Scotland in a few months.

the company I work for can maybe get me a transfer to New York (close to Times square) I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it with travel costs?

does anyone know how much it would be for a monthly travel pass between those locations? the websites I was looking on weren't very helpful.

Thanks

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,658 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monthly Travel pass help

Browns Mills is in the southern part of New Jersey and not convenient to NYC.

You could take a bus to Lakewood and then another bus into Manhattan, but it would be about 3 hours one way. Or get to the Trenton Train Station and take the train. I would think also a number of hours.

Why are you moving to Browns Mills if you want to work in Manhattan? If that is what you plan on doing, then don't move to the southern part of the state.

Edinburgh...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Monthly Travel pass help

That's where my boyfriend is from and he wants to move near his parents

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,658 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monthly Travel pass help

Then I suggest that you look for something in the Browns Mills area. I just don't think that Manhattan is a viable option.

Edinburgh...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Monthly Travel pass help

I'm not a us citezan I can get a work transfer to this other job which will make getting a visa easier

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,277 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monthly Travel pass help

I agree with sussie. It will be a verry long bus ride. I beleve you would have to take the 317 to the 139 or to the Asbury Park train station and then get a train to Long Branch and then another to NY.

6. Re: Monthly Travel pass help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:18