We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Jersey summer beach rental

New York City
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
North Jersey summer beach rental

My husband and I rented a summer home last summer in Ocean Grove. We absolutely loved it, but are looking to explore other areas as well. Our realtor showed us homes in Spring Lake which has a muni pool (a plus) in addition to the obvious beaches. But, does Spring Lake have a "town" that is walking distance from the beach like Ocean Grove? We would want cafes, ice cream, restaurants, etc.

What about Sea Bright? Or Long Branch?

Any summer info from ppl who live there or have rented there would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Jersey summer beach rental

Yes, Spring Lake has a nice business district with actually more than Ocean Grove. It is a beautiful town.

Sea Bright has had a tremendous amount of Hurricane Damage. So, don't know what it will be for the summer.

Long Branch beach area is mostly condos and apartments with one small area with restaurants and shops(Pier Village).. Away from the beach it is not particularly nice.

Of the four (including Ocean Grove) Spring Lake would be my choice.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: North Jersey summer beach rental

Sea Bright would have been perfect, but will probably not be an option this summer; it was truly devastated by Sandy and many homes and businesses were lost. I agree with SuzieQQ's recommendation for Spring Lake, but be aware that you're not allowed to bring a cooler onto the beach with you, if that's a deal breaker. Also consider Manasquan, which meets your criteria and has more to offer within walking distance (depending on your definition of that!).

Good luck, LuvBreezes

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Jersey summer beach rental

Good suggestion for Manasquan Beach, but again they had extensive damage....haven't read if they will be ready for summer.

4. Re: North Jersey summer beach rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 06:15