We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice hotel for a large family get together

WOOSTER
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a nice hotel for a large family get together

My family (14 of us ranging from 16-85) are planning on a family get away to a nice hotel (expensive is fine) for about 5 nights in the Jersey/Delaware shore area or up in the Poconos/Catskills area. It can be a hotel in an area where there are activities for young and older or a resort hotel, but we are looking for a place where the food is better than it was at the Homestead in West Virginia.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for a large family get together

Along the Jersey shore consider Seaview.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g778607-d121392…

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for a large family get together

Mohonk (sic)in the Catskills. Review their web site for specifics. Happy travels!

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for a large family get together

www.capemay.com/

cape may will have something for everyone

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for a large family get together

The Hotel Hershey might be a good choice for you. There's tons to do for all age groups, and the resort has several dining options. There are some very good restaurants in the town as well, and I'm pretty sure they have shuttle service so you won't have to drive. You gotta love the big bowls of Kisses everywhere!

Forgot to add they have individual 'cottages' that your whole group will fit into. They book up early, despite the rates.

Edited: 19 February 2013, 01:03
new jersey
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for a large family get together

What time of year are you looking to hold this event?

My first suggestion would be somewhere along the Shore. If you want the Catskills, I'd go to a resort called Villa Roma just outside Monticello NY.

You have quite a contrasting style of options to choose from.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,194 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for a large family get together

I haven't been in Hershey for ages but I have to agree with LuvBreezes that the Hershey Hotel is worth looking into. When I last stayed there (over 20 years ago) it was a real resort with great food and of course Hershey Park is right there too

NJ
Level Contributor
751 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for a large family get together

Congress Hall in Cape May

Crystal Springs golf resort in Hamburg NJ, near the Poconos, Warwick NJ & Mountain Creek Waterpark

The Ocean Place hotel in Long Branch, NJ

Doolan's Inn in Spring Lake NJ (it's old & a bit run down but clean)

The Quater Deck or the Sea Shell in on Long Beach Island

8. Re: Looking for a nice hotel for a large family get together

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 07:15