We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jersey shore line

berkley, ma
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jersey shore line

Looking to spend a week somewhere along the shore line. Are there places that should be avoided that are still bad from the hurricane? We will have a 4yr old and a 1yr old with us so we looking for an area to do things with them other than just beach.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jersey shore line

A very nice beach town is Spring Lake. And it is very near Pt. Pleasant which has all the "fun" boardwalk activities and an aquarium. I recommend staying in Spring Lake (or Sea Girt) which is away from the crazy "Jersey Shore" things and going to Pt. Pleasant for the kids to enjoy the rides, games, food, etc.

berkley, ma
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jersey shore line

Thanks...I will look into the area

New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jersey shore line

Check out the current status of anyplace you go first here. Sandy wrecked havoc on many shore areas and some may not be open when you go or may be in some state of repair

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jersey shore line

Spring Lake and Pt. Pleasant will be fine for visitors this season. Infact, I am taking my grandson to Point Pleasant tomorrow to the aquariujm....

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jersey shore line

Wildwood. Many amusements for your kids. Family orientated. review their web site for specifics. Free beach. Happy travels!

berkley, ma
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jersey shore line

Wilwood was not effected by any of the storms?

7. Re: Jersey shore line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:18