We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to overnight in NJ...

brussels
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Where to overnight in NJ...

Hi, we will be travelling back from Cape Cod to DC in August and are looking to break the journey for an overnight stay somewhere close to the highway and which would leave us a 2 / 3 hr journey to DC the following day. Ideally like a little town / somewhere pleasant - not just a hughway motel if possible. Any recommendations would be welcome! Thanks

1. Re: Where to overnight in NJ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 March 2013, 09:02
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,539 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to overnight in NJ...

How far off the highway sre you willing to go

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,133 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to overnight in NJ...

I don't know the answer to your question but you might want to repost in the Delaware forum tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28929-i294-Delawa… which is 2 hours closer to DC than northern NJ and will get you to your 2 1/2 - 3 hrs travel time (give or take). There are a number of nice beach communities there that may fit your bill although August will be peak season, but as you probabaly don't need to stay on the beach it might not matter

Note also that TA has a road trips forum which might help you tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri… although yours is not such a long trip

Edited: 08 March 2013, 14:40
port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to overnight in NJ...

I think I would hotwire a room in philly

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,827 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to overnight in NJ...

LivesInNewJersey is right. 2-3 hours out of D.C. would put you in Delaware or northern Maryland. Suggest you look in those forums.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to overnight in NJ...

There's an Embassy Suites just off Route I-95 (Exit 4B, 896N) across from the University of DE. That will put you about three hours from the DC area. FYI , there's a $4 toll on the DE/MD border of I-95 that you can avoid by taking a backroad from Embassy Suites to the highway. Have a great trip!

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to overnight in NJ...

Ooops - I just realized I gave you the wrong exit info - it's 1B.

8. Re: Where to overnight in NJ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 05:17