We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to rent a charter boat

Maple Shade, New...
Level Contributor
84 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Looking to rent a charter boat

I want to take my father fishing. Its on his bucket list and I don't want to take him on a party boat. Does anyone know of a reputable charter company?

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to rent a charter boat

You may want to narrow down to the Jersey Shore forum. That is, if you're seeking to go out in the ocean.

Mentioned in this post
Jersey Shore
Jersey Shore
New Jersey
port republic
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to rent a charter boat

The Stray Cat out of longport runs open boat six packs. So you and your dad get the Charter boat experience But you pay 1/6 fare each and will most likely make 4 new friends.

There are a ton of charters along the shore. What do you want to fish for? where do you want to fish from?

When do you want to go?

Maple Shade, New...
Level Contributor
84 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to rent a charter boat

Not sure. I don't care for Blue Fish but its the most fun. Anything would be good really. 6 might work for me, my dady, stepson, and brother. I will look into this.

Maple Shade, New...
Level Contributor
84 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to rent a charter boat

Darn you are right. I posted this from my phone. I thought this was the shore forum.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to rent a charter boat

There are 12 Charter Boats at the Belmar Marina. www.belmar.com Then click on Marina and then on the left side click on Charter Boats

Mentioned in this post
Belmar
Belmar
Jersey Shore, NJ
port republic
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to rent a charter boat

The standard charter is for up to six passengers so if you have four you have the boat to yourselves that is perfect. I would not do this for bluefish however( a party boat will do) I would target either yellowfin tuna which is way offshore or striper which is inshore in the fall. And you can find boats from belmar to cape may to fortescue that will treat you right. Late fall striper fishing in delaware bay is as good as anywhere in the world.

7. Re: Looking to rent a charter boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 06:17