We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

Cobleskill, New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

I live in Cobleskill NY and traveling to Metlife stadium for a Bon Jovi concert. I want to drive home after the concert, so how do I get out of the stadium easily?

Thanks

P.S. Is there anything to do near the stadium that's cheaper?

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,245 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

I don't understand what you're asking. You exit the stadium by exiting the stadium. And what are you looking to do near the stadium

Cobleskill, New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

IDk . Just something to do.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,634 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

Depending on where you park it may take 20 minutes it may take an hour. As for cheap in the area the Blarney station in downtown is my favoriate.

Clyde River, Nova...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

Can anyone give me precise directions on using NJ Transit trains to/from Newark Penn Station to the Metlife Stadium? I just can't figure it on on the website and I'm not a regular user of public transport which makes it even more difficult.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,245 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

From New York Penn Station you take ANY train that goes to the Frank Lautenberg train station in Secacus NJ (and I believe that ALL trains will do that) and from there you transfer to a train that goes to Met Life stadium. You and thousands of other people will be doing this that day so just ask someone. It only seems complicated because you haven't done it

"The new rail system connects the northeast corridor to the Frank R. Lautenberg train station in Secaucus, N.J., which allows fans from the region to quickly and efficiently reach MetLife Stadium. The rail station at the Sports Complex is located next to MetLife Stadium and the travel time between the Secaucus Junction train station and the Sports Complex station is approximately 10 minutes. The round-trip fare from Secaucus to the Sports Complex is $4.50. Rail service commences three (3) hours prior to kickoff and ends two (2) hours after the game."

Clyde River, Nova...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

You mention New York Penn Station...did you mean Newark Penn Station?

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,245 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

No, there are 2 Penn Stations, one in New York City and one in Newark, NJ. I assume you'll be coming from NYC so you would go to New York Penn Station at 33rd St and 6th Avenue

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,634 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

Lives in NJ the op says they are coming from Newark. Read this

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28951-i77-k296347…

Clyde River, Nova...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

LivesInNewJersey: No, I will be coming from NEWARK Penn Station as I am staying at the Hilton hotel there for easy access to both Newark Airport and Metlife Stadium. But I have located a NJT Rail map online and I see the Secaucus Junction stop and the Newark Penn Station. Looks like a fairly short commute between Penn Station and the Meadowlands which I assume is the final stop for the Metlife Stadium?

Aerules: Thank you for the very informative link.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,245 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bon Jovi Concert 7/27/13

Hmmmmm. I should read the post before answering the question!!!!