We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic help- f NYC to Philly (Conshahocken on Wed?)

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic help- f NYC to Philly (Conshahocken on Wed?)

Ive not driven this way in a long time and am going to be driving from miidtown NYC to Philly on Wed am before thankgiving. I am flexible on what time of day I can leave- was planning to leave by 9 am. Is that a horrible time with traffic? I did this drive once before and it took me 5 hrs vs 2 on the NJ turnpike.

Dreading it taking forever (bad weather forecast notwithstanding) with three kids. Any input on routes out of NYC etc, and timing tips is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,610 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic help- f NYC to Philly (Conshahocken on Wed?)

Are you going to Philly or Conshahoken? I think they are 2 different places. If going to Conshhahoken I would go turnpike to 6, 276 of both the NJ and PA turnpike, to 476. If going to Philly Turnpike to 7A, 195 west to 295 to depending on where your going exits 36,34, or 27 (I believe)

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic help- f NYC to Philly (Conshahocken on Wed?)

Well, midtown would normally mean the Lincoln, but if you can make it down to the Holland, it's usually less crowded- but the time to get downtown may offset the savings. You'll have to call it as you see it. After that, it's just the NJT (there's some construction around 7A- just bear with it) to exit 6, PA TPK west to I-476 South. EZ Pass helps a lot if you have one.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 00:50
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic help- f NYC to Philly (Conshahocken on Wed?)

If going to Philly, forget AERULES' directions. He's from Jersey and likes to keep people in Jersey as long as possible :) Best route to Philly is- NJT to Exit 6, but get off immediately after crossing the bridge into PA. The exit is immediately after the toll. Take Route 13 south to route 413 north to I-95 south. That route saves a good 20 minutes over any other.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 00:54
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,610 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic help- f NYC to Philly (Conshahocken on Wed?)

Owlyn is 413 is the route the Burlington Bristol Bridge goes over?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traffic help- f NYC to Philly (Conshahocken on Wed?)

Yes. 413 goes the Burlibgton Bristol Bridge.

6. Re: Traffic help- f NYC to Philly (Conshahocken on Wed?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:17