We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

direction for where to stay in Albuquerque please

Kitchener
Level Contributor
998 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
direction for where to stay in Albuquerque please

Hi All:

I am trying to book our hotels for the summer -- staying in Albuquerque two nights in July (two adults). We would like to be 'near the action' -- tourist sites, good restaurants, etc. but that is not always realistic in some areas. How much acutally happens in Old Town? Is it the hub of the interesting area, or are we better off in downtown or outskirts?

I had hoped to book the Hotel Albuquerque, but they seem to have no vacancies for our dates. I have not called them yet, but was wondering.

Was also considering a number of the other large hotels or the Casas de Suenos Casitas (very reasonable).

Help!! Thank you :)

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,275 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: direction for where to stay in Albuquerque please

Old Town is a hub for tourist activity during the day. Not much goes on there at night. That's more Downtown and Nob Hill.

If you can afford the rate (as well as the overnight parking costs), consider the Hyatt Downtown. Otherwise, just stay in the Old Town area.

Hotel Albuquerque is nice and unique, but also pretty expensive.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: direction for where to stay in Albuquerque please

If you're wanting to be around the "action", you definitely want to be in the downtown/old town area. These areas bump right up against each other, so getting around isn't that difficult. You will obviously find more night life and restraunts in downtown. Old Town is great for shopping for NM related merchandise, as well as museums, zoo, botanical gardens, etc; but as I said, these areas are just as easily accesible from downtown.

A couple of suggestions for restraunts in Old Town are: Antiquity, Le Crepe Michelle, and Seasons. These are three of my favorites, and generally the only reason I make the trip to Old Town anymore unless I have out of town guests.

I haven't tried out too many restraunt in the downtown area, but there are quite a few to choose from.

Level Contributor
669 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: direction for where to stay in Albuquerque please

Have you tried the Best Western in Old Town which is down the street? Another fun place to stay is near the Nob Hill area. If you are willing to drive Embassy Suites and Nativo Lodge is pretty nice. If you want a basic suite there is Amerisuits and Druiry Inn off the freeway. If you want to stay downtown the most reasonable place is Hotel Blue there is also a Hyatt and Double Tree.

4. Re: direction for where to stay in Albuquerque please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 03:18