We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary trip help.........

Florida
Level Contributor
153 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary trip help.........

Hello everyone:

I'm in the very preliminaries plans for a super trip

to the areas of New Mexico,Arizona,Utah and maybe Colorado.

I'll be leaving from Central Florida perhaps march/april.I'd like to hear fron people that have done this itinerary and the best way to

accomplish it.I'd like to make a stop in Algodones and if possible

visit some small towns in MEXICO,(I refer as possible considering

the problems with security they are having there.).

I'll appeciate suggestion on points of interest in the four states.

I'll be taking my time traveling during the spring/summer time and all imputs are much appreciated,best regards.....caravallo.

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary trip help.........

You haven't given us much to work with.

1. How long were you planning on spending?

2. Which Algodones are you referring to? Los Algodones in Mexico, which is in Baja California and is nowhere near any of the four US states you mentioned? Or Algodones in New Mexico, which is a wide spot in the road south of Albuquerque?

3. Will you be driving from Central Florida?

4. What are your interests?

5. Are you aware of the size of the area you mentioned? New Mexico alone is the fifth-largest state in the Union, and you can easily spend a month there without running out of things to see and do.

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary trip help.........

One revision: Los Algodones is near Arizona, but not a part of the state with a lot of interest for most tourists.

Florida
Level Contributor
153 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary trip help.........

Hi!

Thanks for your prompt reply.I'll be traveling by RV,please forgive my omi

ssions:Are you referring to spend money or time?

I'll be there early spring to the end of summer.Moneywise I'll travel and

spend as if I were in Fl.In reference to Algodones,I made a mistake,the area is 10 miles west of Yuma to the border.My interest are as follow:

Love to do sensible hiking,and visit areas of interest,historic sites and interesting places,not interested about tourist traps at all.Yes is an expanded area and therefore I was counting on getting some guidance

to make a worthwhile trip.If I could I'd love to kind of make a circle covering the states mentioned and at the end of it keep on going toward florida again.Once again thanks for your time and advice..........

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary trip help.........

We did a similiar trip several years ago. Drove from Central Florida to Colorado through Tenn, then through Kentucky, over to St. Louis, and then I-70 to Colorado. Then to UT, down to AZ, across to NM, and then back to FL on I-10. Because we have family in Colorado, we were in and out of Colorado a couple of times, but then did continue on with the circle of the "4 Corners States."

As your plans develop, you could post questions on each state's forum for ideas on specific suggestions for that state.

Guess the point of this post is to say that I would start with Colorado, proceed to Utah, then Arizona, and lastly, New Mexico before heading back to Florida.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary trip help.........

I concur, when you are closer to your trip, check all the states site here at tripadvisor; you will find lots of information. I agree that you could do Colorado, Utah Arizona and then New Mexico, or reverse it. Either way, there is so much to see and do in all four states that you will be skimming the surface of each state, unless you decide what places you want to see and things you want to do. New Mexico itself could take a couple of months to visit the entire state. The northern part of the state has lots of mountain hiking trails, interesting pre-historic sites, etc. It sound like you might be having to just hit a few high spots in each state.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary trip help.........

I would strongly suggest a stop into the Wildlife West Nature Park in Edgewood, New Mexico. Edgewood is only 20 miles East of Albuquerque on Interstate 40. The park is an easy off and on the Interstate via the frontage road by 3/4 mile. Great place to stretch the legs and get to see the native wildlife up close. Very reasonable - average family $20-$25

7. Re: Itinerary trip help.........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2010, 05:23